Your home buyers have gotten approved for a mortgage and now they’re just waiting to make it to the closing table. Make sure they don’t throw their loan approval into jeopardy by making one of these common mistakes:
Source: “How to Keep Your Mortgage Approval Approved,” Realty Times (Jan. 14, 2013)
There are people who have camped out in line waiting for Black Friday deals for days. All so they can save a few hundred dollars on a flat-panel TV or whatever other goodies they want. My time and sanity are too important to waste on such endeavors. It's really not fun camping out on a sidewalk cooking beans on a Coleman stove so I can get a Samsung 80" LCD TV at 30% off. Yet, I get deals just about as good as those on Black Friday. How?
SKIP BLACK FRIDAY!
Would you like to save as much as you would at the mall? Here's a tip - shop online. Seriously. In fact, shop online and either have stuff shipped (often free) or pick up your products early next week (ship to store). The online deals will be just as good as the stores. This is why we have "Cyber Monday" which now spans the days leading up to Black Friday as well as the following Monday. My favorite place to find good deals that beat Black Friday is Slickdeals.net.
Where to find the best deals:
You can also find some great deals at some of the biggest retailers websites. They are running a non-stop series of online deals that match the best of the best of Black Friday. Again, skip the lines! Some of the best places to go include:
If you're the sort who needs to see things to buy them, visit a local store and check it out. Then buy the product online. You can do this with the store you shopping in too! Let's say you find a good laptop at OfficeMax. You can buy it online and usually get free shipping. Depending on where you buy from online, you'll save taxes. Take that into account when budgeting.
Get Free Shipping and Coupons!
You will want to get the latest coupons and free shipping codes for whatever site you visit. There are many sites with coupon codes that get you free shipping, discounts, free bonus products, etc. Some of the best sites with the most reliable codes are:
Go get a great deal!
You're now armed with some of the best sites on the web to do some spectacular online shopping and get great deals without standing in line for Black Friday.
websites to look for rentals:
call us and we can provide you with rentals listed in the mls
Why is it a good time to buy a home
Much has been written on this lately everywhere. But truly it is a great time to buy a home right now.
1. Home prices are at a pre bubble low. Most areas that have seen high appreciation have also seen a high drop in prices. Those prices are not moving higher any time soon. Here are some of the reasons:
a. High unemployment
b. European issues
c. Tight lending standards
d. Conservative appraisals
2. Interest rates are at historical low points. An interest rate of 3.5% is almost at no cost to those that qualify. These rates will likely stay low for the foreseeable future. Here are some of the reasons:
a. The Fed is committed to keeping rates low
3. Supply of homes is low. This changes with market and with what people are willing to do but right now it is low. In the greater Los Angeles area it is close to 2 months’ worth of supply. This means:
a. Multiple bids for properties
b. Less to choose from
4. Appraisals are a wild card right now. Appraisers are hesitant to write appraisals that are not at the current market values and are writing them at prices that are reasonable and realistic for the current market. A few things can help with appraisals:
a. Point out improvements to the appraiser
b. Request a review by the lender
c. Provide comparable sales
d. Request a second appraisal
5. Despite the current drawn out crisis in real estate, 75% of Americans still aspire to own a home. Sadly the insecurity in the job market is keeping many people on the sidelines and away from buying.